Graduation is one of the first major milestones in the lives of the children and youth. It takes lots of blood, sweat, tears, and ramen to make it to graduation. This moment may be filled with mixed emotions (for both you and your graduate), but it's definitely a cause for celebration.
Now that you've already picked out the perfect graduation gift and planned a party for your graduates, it's time to consider what inspirational words you're going to jot down in the graduation card to celebrate this special moment.
High School Graduation Quotes & Sayings
Graduating from high school is one of the first major life events that feels appropriately "major." After 12 years of schooling, finally receiving that diploma is a big moment that merits lots of celebrating.
These graduates' hard work deserves a heartfelt gift and some warm, thoughtful words of recognition and encouragement.
- “Every person you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them.” — H Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you criticize, wait. Before you quit, try.”– William Arthur Ward
- “Instruction ends in the schoolroom, but education ends only with life.” —Frederick W. Robertson
- “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future.” – Plato
- Today is a milestone. It tells you how far you’ve come. Keep learning, keep trying, keep accomplishing, and keep venturing on through your journey. Congratulations!
- Learning everyday is ultimately the key to success. Don’t ever stop learning, dreaming and achieving. Go get ‘em, graduate!
- Graduation isn’t the end of a tough journey. It is the beginning of a beautiful one…
- "It is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate." —George Burns
- "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." — Sun Tzu
- "Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." — Arthur Ashe
Funny Graduation Quotes & Sayings
Graduating is stressful as it is -- graduates are moving on to a completely new chapter in their life. But sometimes a little humor can help combat those "Oh my god what is happening everything is changing ahhhh!!” feelings.
If you are the fun type, you would prefer funny graduation quotes that bring smiles to people’s faces.
- “Your families are extremely proud of you. You can’t imagine the sense of relief they are experiencing. This would be a most opportune time to ask for money.” —Gary Bolding
- "Every year, many, many stupid people graduate from college. And if they can do it, so can you." -- John Green
- “To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you too may one day be president of the United States.” —George W. Bush
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” —Thomas Edison
- When they hand you your diploma, keep moving. Just in case they try to take it back.
- “A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car, but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.” —Theodore Roosevelt
- Congratulations on getting through the easiest part of life.
- "At graduation you get to wear a cap and gown, but it’s a good idea to also wear something underneath it." -- Greg Tamblyn
- “Life is my college. May I graduate well, and earn some honors!” — Louisa May Alcott
- "Well, I’m not usually one for speeches. So, goodbye." -- Ron Swanson
College Graduation Quotes & Sayings
Off comes the cap and gown and on comes the daunting task of being an adult. College graduation marks a transition filled with exciting possibilities.
Help them celebrate this next stage and set them up for success with both practical gifts and heartfelt graduation quotes.
- "You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you’re doing, but what you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself."- Alan Alda
- “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.”—B.B. King
- “We may live in an age of instant messaging, instant gratification and Instagram, but there is no way to short circuit the path to success.”—Tory Burch
- "You have the gift of time. Use it to do what you love. Believe anything is possible and then work like hell to make it happen." – Julianna Margulies
- “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.”—Malcolm X
- "Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” — John Dewey
- "You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world." – Tom Brokaw
- "We do not need magic to change the world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better." – J.K. Rowling
- “Now that you’ve graduated, just remember: Bosses don’t usually accept notes from your mother.”—Melanie White
- Behind you, all your memories; Before you, all your dreams; Around you, all who love you; Within you, all you need.
Short Graduation Quotes & Sayings
Short but inspiring quotes but full of wisdom. Sometimes, short and sweet is the way to go. The graduate may remember the quote long after graduation.
- “There are no regrets in life. Just lessons.”— Jennifer Aniston
- Graduation is not the end; it’s the beginning.”— Senator Orrin Hatch
- "Do what you have to do resolutely, with all your heart."
- “Kid, you’ll move mountains.”—Dr. Seuss
- “What we learn with pleasure we never forget.”—Alfred Mercier
- “The highest result of education is tolerance.”—Helen Keller
- “Follow your fear.”—Tina Fey
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”—Milton Berle
- “Dream big and dare to fail.”—Norman Vaughan
- "If you can believe it, the mind can achieve it." -- Ronnie Lott
Inspirational Graduation Quotes & Sayings
It’s graduation season, help those graduates to get some advice for finding their passions, chasing success and thriving in the real world with these inspirational graduation quotes and sayings.
- “When you leave here, don’t forget why you came.” —Adlai E. Stevenson
- “Do all the other things, the ambitious things—travel, get rich, get famous, innovate, lead, fall in love, make and lose fortunes...but as you do, to the extent that you can, err in the direction of kindness.” -- George Saunders
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” —Steve Jobs
- “Success doesn’t rush. The greatest reward is the journey.” – Jeff Moore
- “So, I say to you, forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion. Honor your calling. Everybody has one. Trust your heart and success will come to you.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown
- “Now go, and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for you being here. Make good art.” —Neil Gaiman
- “In response to those who say to stop dreaming and face reality, I say keep dreaming and make reality.” —Kristian Kan
- “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” —Thomas Jefferson
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Gandhi
Wishes & Messages to Write in A Graduation Card
You’re proud of a special graduate, and congratulations are in order, but what to write in a graduation card? Here we have plently messages and wishes for the student who is moving on to their next step in life — whether that person is your daughter, son, niece, friend or any other graduate.
Congratulation Graduation Message
- "Congratulations! This is only just the beginning. You’re a star in the making!”
- “Caps off to you, Graduate! Well done!”
- "Congratulations on your big day! Know without a doubt that you were made for great things."
- “Good looks, brains, heart and now a diploma too? You’ve really got it all! Congrats!”
- "Sending you a day full of sunshine, a heaven filled with rainbows, and a pocket full of dreams. May the future ahead of you be as wonderful as you are."
- “Prayers and blessings on your graduation and for your future.”
- "Graduation day is finally here, your dreams you did pursue. All your hard work has paid off, we are so very proud of you."
- "You overcame every test. Done tons of homework. For all those years. Congratulations, you made it."
- "Good luck on your new beginnings!"
- "Congratulations! You made it! It's time to celebrate all the hard work that led to this joyful occasion. The road to graduation is a long, steep climb, so take a moment at the summit to be proud of your accomplishments."
Graduation Message from Parents
- We still remember the first day of your school. On that day, we were nervous to send you away from us. It still feels like that same day is back again. We feel nervous yet again, as you face the world by yourself. But, one thing is common yesterday and even today. Deep inside we always know that you would emerge as a winner. Best of luck.
- Congrats, you did it! But remember that the hard work has just begun! Your future is bright. For all the times of late night studies, lack of sleep, sacrifice of enjoyment and parties, your reward is here.
- Congratulations to our beloved child who has emerged victorious. Duties and responsibilities go hand in hand. It's time to take even more responsible decisions. You're a Graduate! Happy Graduation Day!
- Your success doesn’t come as a surprise to us. We all know it’s well-deserved and you worked extra hard for it. This is the time for you to spread your wings further. Congratulations on your graduation dear!
- I'm proud of you. Best of luck for your future! Happy Graduation Day!
- You have brightened my name and that of our family by working extra hard and successfully completing your graduation. My heart is filled with immense joy and happiness because my child has made me proud today. I pray that you achieve all your dreams because you are destined for great things dear.
- Being a parent I am very glad that you have achieved something extraordinary and now you are about to enter in practical life. Congratulations for making it this far.
Graduation Message to Son
- “The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.” —Benjamin Disraeli
- “Do not pray for easier lives, pray to be stronger men.” —John F. Kennedy
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”— Nelson Mandela
- May Lord fills your world with joy and success. I hope you ace at every level of your life. Congratulations on graduating, son.
- Dear son, congratulations on your graduation. I am extremely proud of you, May your every wish and desire come true.
- You are such an invaluable gift from God. We watch you change and grow as season come then quickly go. But God has a perfect plan to ship our boy into a successful man. We are proud of you my son!
- I cannot believe my baby boy is now a graduate. Even though I feel old, this is my most happy day. Congrats, son.
- Dear son, today you have made me the proudest mother. Stay happy, stay safe, and be kind. Congratulations!!
Graduation Message to Daughter
- “She believed she could, so she did.”—R. S. Grey
- “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”—Audrey Hepburn
- “All the dreams I prayed you’d be, are all the things you are. You were once my little girl, and now my shining star.”—Anonymous
- It’s a pleasure to see our princess daughter completing her graduation! A bright future is waiting ahead for you. Wishing you a very successful journey in life.
- It was our lifelong dream to see you dressed as a graduate. Today you fulfilled our dream. We are so proud of you!
- Congratulation my dear lovely daughter! We are feeling proud as your parent. Our daughter is grown enough to take the responsibility of her parents! Love you, sweety. Wishing you a very bright future.
- You made my dreams come true. You are the most beautiful and lovely daughter anyone can ever have. Congratulations from the deep of my heart!
Graduation Message for Friend
- I’m so proud of you, mate. You put your heart and soul into this, and now you finally get to enjoy your well-deserved success. Congratulation on your graduation! Your greatest journey starts now.
- You are brilliant, able and ambitious. You shall always walk the glory road. Happy graduation. I bless you with all that you need to earn many more achievements and facts in life ahead. Congratulations and well done.
- All your hard work finally paid off. Congratulations buddy!
- I admire your strength and determination. I’m beyond proud of everything that you have accomplished. Theory is always fun, but now it’s time for practice. I know you can do it, mate. Keep your head up.
- It’s official: you’re now too cool for school. Congrats grad.
- I cannot express how happy I am to know you have graduated. I wish you a bright future. Congratulations, my friend.
- Everyone is so proud of you! I can’t believe that this terrible chapter of your life is finally over. You graduated despite sleep deprivation and malnourishment. You are my hero, buddy. Congratulations!
- Level up! Graduation is a first step on the road to a new exciting life, full of something you really love. I couldn’t be happier for my best friend. May your each and every day after graduation be filled with amazing discoveries and overwhelming emotions.
- It wasn’t easy, but you made it! Congratulations, my dear friend.
- Congratulations, mate, you did it! The days of endless learning and sorrow come to an end, and now you’ll probably sleep for a month. I get it, and you deserved it. A new beautiful life is waiting for you. Good luck!
Graduation Message for Niece/ Nephew
- You have made your uncle/ aunt proud, my dear niece/ nephew. I would like to congratulate you on the successful completion of your graduation.
- You’ve not only made your parents proud, but have made me the happiest uncle/ aunt in the world. Congratulations on your graduation!
- I always wanted to see you as a graduate! Enjoy this deserving moment in your career and life.
- I still remember when your parents brought you home. Now I get the chance to remember this incredible milestone in your life. Congratulations on your graduation! I am so proud of you.
- From my favorite baby niece to an intelligent and bright graduate, I am so proud of the woman you’ve become. Congratulations on reaching another milestone.
- Having a niece/ nephew like you is priceless. I am so lucky to have witnessed your growth over the years. I wish you all the best for your future.
- What a wonderful young lady you have become! Calling you a graduate is a proud occasion and I know that your future is brightest of them all. Congratulations on this special time in your life.