We all love flowers. Don't we? Flowers have long been admired and used by humans to bring beauty to their environment, and also as objects of romance, ritual, religion, medicine and as a source of food.
Read on these beautiful flower quotes to find out how they uplift everyone’s spirit, they entice the eyes of the people, and they bring the most wonderful and natural odor in the Earth.
Part 1. General Flowers Inspiring Quotes and Sayings
Flowers give us happiness and delight even if they are covered with sharp thorns. They impart a feeling of freshness and soften our hearts when we are sad and fatigued.
They purify our surroundings and uplift our life when we are feeling blue. We always feel empowered by their energy and have forever remained awe-inspired by their beautiful, colorful hues.
- "If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness." -- Therese of Lisieux
- "One of the most attractive things about the flowers is their beautiful reserve." -- Henry David Thoreau
- "Even the tiniest of flowers can have the toughest roots." -- Shannon Mullen
- "Every flower must grow through dirt."
- "If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly our whole life would change." -- Buddha
- "After women, flowers are the most divine creations." -- Christian Dior
- "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead." -- Oscar Wilde
- "Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul." -- Luther Burbank
- "Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light." -- Theodore Roethke
- "The fragrance of flowers spread only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions." -- Chanakya
- "There are always flowers for those who want to see them." -- Henri Matisse
- "After women, flowers are the most lovely thing God has given the world." -- Christian Dior
- "Love is the flower, you've got to let grow." -- John Lennon
Part 2. Flowers Blooms Quotes -- Blooming Like a Flower
To blossom like a flower means to thrive in life. The idea is that you're able to grow and progress in your life just like a flower grows and blossoms.
As we grow older and wiser we blossom much like a flower.
- "If you tend to a flower, it will bloom, no matter how many weeds surround it.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- "A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.” – Zen Shin
- "Bloom where you are planted.” – Anonymous
- "Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.” – Jim Carrey
- "Every flower blooms in its own time.” – Ken Petti
- "The bloom may be brief but the memory of its beauty will last a lifetime.” – Doe Zantamata
- "Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” – Gerard de Nerval
- "Where flowers bloom, so does hope.” – Lady Bird Johnson
- "Bloom as if you want to make the whole world beautiful.” – Debasish Mridha
Part 3. Quotes and Sayings about Specific Flowers
Whatever the flower, there is a good chance that there is a quote associated with that specific one.
If you’re thinking about giving flowers as a gift, you may want to include a great quote about those specific flowers in the card message.
1) Sunflowers Quote to Brighten Your Day
Sunflowers are one of the most recognizable flowers. They follow the sun throughout the day. They turn their heads to soak in the sunshine.
These unique flowers are not only pleasing to the eye, but they can teach us some important lessons about life.
- "If roses tried to be sunflowers, they would lose their beauty; and if sunflowers tried to be roses, they would lose their strength.” -- Matshona Dhliwayo
- "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do." -- Helen Keller
- "Turn your face to the sun, and shadows follow behind you." -- Maori Proverb
- “Sunflowers end up facing the sun, but they go through a lot of dirt to find their way there.” ― J.R. Rim
- “I want to be like a sunflower so that even on the darkest days I will stand tall and find the sunlight.” – Unknown
- "True friends are like bright sunflowers that never fade away, even over distance and time." ― Marie Williams Johnstone
- "The road to freedom is bordered with sunflowers. " -- Martin Firrell
- "Stand tall and face the sun. " -- Unknown
2) Aster Quotes
- "The aster greets us as we pass With her faint smile." -- Sarah Helen Whitman
- "I end not far from my going forth By picking the faded blue Of the last remaining aster flower To carry again to you." -- Robert Frost
- "The lands are lit with all the autumn blaze of golden-rod, and everywhere the purple asters nod and bend and wave and flit." -- Helen Hunt
- "The aster has not wasted spring and summer because it has not blossomed. It has been all the time preparing for what is to follow, and in autumn it is the glory of the field, and only the frost lays it low. " -- Henry Ward Beecher
- "I wish, and I wish that the spring would go faster, Nor long summer bide so late; And I could grow on like the foxglove and aster, For some things are ill to wait." -- Jean Ingelow
3) Rose Quote -- Life, Love and Thorns
Roses are literally the queen of flowers, which has long been the symbol of love and is often given as a gift to show how much you care.
Their beauty is elevated even more by the meanings people have attached to these beautiful blooms — the memory of a first love, a special date, one’s wedding, or for some, even the heartbreak of romance.
These rose quotes will allow you to see the beauty in life even with all its thorns.
- "No rose without a thorn." – French Proverb
- "Do not watch the petals fall from the rose with sadness, know that, like life, things sometimes must fade, before they can bloom again." – Anonymous
- "The sharp thorn often produces delicate roses." – Ovid
- “If the rose is beautiful flower, it is also because it opens itself." – Charles De Leusse
- "Real beauty is in the fragility of your petals. A rose that never wilts isn’t a rose at all." – Crystal Woods
- "Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense." – Mark Overby
- "A life filled with love, must have some thorns, but a life empty of love will have no roses." – Anonymous
- "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses."– Alphonse Karr
- "Thorns and roses grow on the same tree." – Turkish Proverb
- "The Rose is without an explanation; She blooms, because She blooms." – Angelus Silesius
- "The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious to the rose." – Kahlil Gibran
- "The world is a rose, smell it, and pass it to your friends." – Persian Proverb
4) Quotes on Wildflowers
- "No matter how chaotic it is, wildflowers will still spring up in the middle of nowhere." -- Sheryl Crow
- "To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wildflower." -- William Blake
- "What a lonely place it would be to have a world without a wildflower!" -- Roland R Kemler
- "Wildflowers can’t be controlled, and neither can the girl with a soul boundless as the sky, and a spirit as free and wild as the ocean." – Melody Lee
- "They are wildflowers. They would not want a name." – Silas House
- "Wildflowers don’t grow haphazardly us we are led to believe. They grow in fantastic patterns which are different to each of us you see." – Anthony T. Hincks
- "Like wildflowers you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would." – Lorde
- "Wildflowers don’t care where they grow." – Dolly Parton
- "One person's weed is another person's wildflower." - Susan Wittig Albert.
- "Wildflowers are the loveliest of all because they grow in uncultivated soil, in those hard, rugged places where no one expects them to flourish." - Micheline Ryckman.
5) Quote about Daisy
Daisies can usually be identified by their many white petals that surround a central yellow disc. A composition of two flowers in one, symbolizes true love, innocence, and purity. Ready to discover the best daisy quotes?
- "A daisy blooming in a desert is worth more than a rose blossoming in a rainforest." -- Matshona Dhliwayo
- "Daisies are like sunshine to the ground." -- Drew Barrymore
- "You can't be sad when Daisy is around, she won't let you." -- Maryam Faresh
- "Daisies that bring you joy are better than roses that bring you sorrow." -- Matshona Dhliwayo
- "You have to decide if you're going to wilt like a daisy or if you're just going to go forward and live the life that you've been granted." -- Kevin Costner
- "There is a flower, a little flower With silver crest and golden eye, That welcomes every changing hour, And weathers every sky." -- James Montgomery
- "Always have something beautiful in sight, even if it's just a daisy in a jelly glass." -- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- "The daisy, by the shadow that it casts, Protects the lingering dewdrop from the sun." -- William Wordsworth
6) Dandelion Quotes
Dandelion is the symbol of emotional healing. Since they can endure almost any living condition, they represent overcoming every hardship by standing strong and proud. Dandelion quotes make one view life in a more positive perspective.
- "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."-- Andrew Mason
- "The man who worries morning and night about the dandelions in the lawn will find great relief in loving the dandelions."-- Liberty Hyde Bailey
- "Scandals are like dandelion seeds–they are arrow-headed, and stick where they fall, and bring forth and multiply fourfold."-- Ouida
- "Some ideas, like dandelions in lawns, strike tenaciously: you may pull off the top but the root remains, drives down suckers and may even sprout again."-- Elizabeth Bowen
- "Sometimes it seemed to him that his life was delicate as a dandelion. One little puff from any direction, and it was blown to bits."-- Katherine Paterson
- "Be like a dandelion. Whenever they fall apart, they start again. Have hope."
- "Dandelions, Like All Things In Nature, Are Beautiful When You Take Time To Pay Attention To Them."-- June Stoyer
- "Beautiful as a dandelion-blossom, golden in the green grass, This life can be. Common as a dandelion-blossom, beautiful in the clean grass, not beautiful Because common, beautiful because beautiful, Noble because common, because free."-- Edna St. Vincent Millay
7) Cherry Blossoms Quote
- "In the cherry blossom’s shade there’s no such thing as a stranger." - Kobayashi Issa.
- "The Japanese school year begins in spring. So mothers can send off their children as cherry blossoms fall from the branches." - Cathy Davidson.
- "If in this world there were no such thing as cherry blossoms, perhaps then in springtime our hearts would be at peace. " - Ariwara no Narihira.
- "Everything blooms in its own time." - Ken Petti
- " I have a pretty good memory, but memories are time beings, too, like cherry blossoms or ginkgo leaves; for a while they are beautiful, and then they fade and die." -Ruth Ozeki.
- " I recall the months and years I spent as the intimate of someone whose affections have now faded like cherry blossoms scattering even before a wind blew." - Yoshida Kenko.
- "The cherry blossoms have a spiritual meaning for the Japanese people." -Ann McClellan.
Flowers are a gift to this earth. “Minds are like flowers; they open only when the time is right.” So after skimming through these inspirational flower quotes, hope you have been ready to celebrate beauty, joy, and new beginnings!