Father’s Day is celebrate on the third Sunday of June as a day of honoring fatherhood and paternal bonds, as well as the influence of fathers in society. It celebrates the contribution that fathers and father figures make for their children's lives. So Father’s Day is the perfect chance for you to return the love you receive from the father figure in your life on a daily basis.
On Father's Day you can show your dad especially how important he is to you! The best way is of course with a very personal and original Father's Day gift! However, you should give your surprise a personal touch, because you have many wonderful memories with your father.
He has been by your side since your birth and is one of the most important caregivers in your life. You can do this, for example, with a loving card in which you wish your dad a happy Father's Day. If you’re stuck on what to write in a Father’s Day card that will accompany your gifts for him, you’re not alone.
In addition to the classic congratulations on Father's Day, father sayings are a great alternative. Father daughter sayings or father son sayings can skillfully bring your unique connection to the point. You can write your words on a card, on a cake or on the wrapping paper.
Funny Message for Dad on Father’s Day
Humor is the way to many a father’s heart. So if your card is for a dad who enjoys a good laugh, feel free to joke around in what you write to him. Be sure to keep your humor good-natured, rather than mean-spirited. In general, the closer you are to the dad receiving your card, the funnier you can go with your written message.
You don't have to look for extravagant lines to beautify your dad's day and put him in a good mood. Funny sayings on Father's Day can also put a smile on your dad's face. Funny quotes or great jokes are always well received.
- “Dad, your father’s day gift is another year of not having to pay for my wedding.”
- “To the best taxi driver, the cheapest handyman, the most bravest spider hunter and the most generous bank I know, Thanks for everything you do! Happy Father’s Day!”
- “I hope this Father's Day is as fun as before you had kids.”
- “I wish I could be there to hang out with you on Fathers Day… On the plus side you finally get some peace and quiet! Happy Father’s Day!”
- “I think being your child is enough of a gift... Happy Father's Day!”
- “Thank you for all the piggy back rides, all the times you pretended to be horse and tossed me in the air. Your body might be suffering now, but it made for a darn good childhood. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Dad, you’ve always been the coolest… Like all those times you said ‘yes’ when mom said ‘no’. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Please accept this Father’s Day text message as a symbol of my poverty. ”
Heartfelt Wishes for Dad on Fathers Day
What makes your dad the best? Well, he’s your dad, for starters, and that all by itself is pretty special. That’s why there are certain Father’s Day cards and certain Father’s Day messages that only work for him. Perhaps you also have a certain heartfelt sentence or an unusual touching phrase that reminds you of your dad. Let’s share some wishes for fathers that will melt your heart.
Father- Daughter Quotes: Fathers Day Messages from Daughter
The bond between a father and his daughter is forever sacred. From the moment she was born, she was destined to be daddy’s little angel. Even as she grows up and gets married, she remains special in her father’s heart.
- “Every girl dreams about living the life of a princess… I’ve never dream of that because I’ve always been treated like a princess by you. Love you Dad!”
- “Dear Dad, with arms wide open and a heart so big, you’ve been there for me from the very beginning. And your love has carried me through every moment. Happy Father’s Day from Your Daughter!”
- “To the luckiest dad who has the best daughter in this world, I wish you a very Happy Father’s Day daddy.”
- “For always lifting me up and never letting me down. I am forever grateful. I’ll always be your little girl. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Wishing a very Happy Father’s Day to the dad who has spoiled me with his love and now complains that I am a spoiled girl. Love you to the moon and back D”
- “Dear Dad, No matter how far away I may be, know that I’ll always be there, holding on and keeping you close to my heart. Happy Father’s Day from Your Daughter!”
- “In your arms I find peace. In your heart, I find love. In your eyes, I find myself. To the best dad in the world, I wish a very Happy Father’s Day.”
- “For all the fun we have together, for the care and love you show me, you deserve the very best surprise today!”
- “When I am sad and I have lost all the hope, you would come out from nowhere and make me forget all my pain. That magician is you dad. Happy Father’s Day to you.”
- “Life is so much more colourful and blessed when you a father who can make you laugh even when you are in deep sadness. Thanks to you papa for all the laugh. Happy Father’s Day.”
Father-Son Quotes for Father's Day
The bond between a father and son is incredibly powerful! But sometimes finding the perfect words to express those feelings can be hard.
- “Happy Father’s Day to the man who taught the way to step and throw, the way to field a grounder, how to follow through as well as virtually every other important thing I know about living. ”
- “A father is his son’s first hero and his daughter’s first love.”
- “Fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man.”
- “The only thing better than having you as my dad, is my children having you as their grandpa.”
- “ Happy Father’s Day from the one that has tested your limits in almost everything. By the way, you are welcome! ”
- “A small boy becomes a big man through the influence of a big man who cares about the small boy.”
- “ To be a father requires patience, love and giving up the ‘all about me’ attitude. You did all this for me and I cherish you for that. Happy Father’s Day to the World’s best dad. ”
- “My favorite place is inside your hug.Happy Father’s Day to my”
- “I have a hero; I call him dad.Happy Father’s Day!”
Meaningful Father's Day Messages for Husband
What to say to your husband to wish him a happy father's day in a funny way? Respect and gratitude are key messages to convey in your card for the man you love on Father’s Day.
Whether the two of you are in the thick of diapers and carpools or you’re in a position to look back and laugh together, he will love reading that you have noticed and appreciated the good things he’s done as a dad.
“Happy Father’s Day to you. You are not just the man of my heart and the love of my life, you are also the father of our children and I appreciate you for that. ”
- “Every day you are a role model that our children to aspire to become. Thank you for the love and guidance you show our kids each and every day and thank you for showing up as the best version of yourself.”
- “Having you in my life has been a tremendous blessing and I cannot help but wish you well on this special day for all that you have been doing. I celebrate you always ”
- “I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather be with on this journey of parenting. You are so full of love, compassion and strength. When we need a shoulder to cry on or strength to get through tough times, you are always there. We love you! Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Thanks for how you go above and beyond every time for our family. The kids and I feel so lucky to have you in our lives ”
- “We’ve create a life with a beautiful home, a loving marriage and children that we can be incredibly proud of. But most importantly, it has given us each other… Our little world couldn’t be more perfect and I thank you each and every day for all that you do for us and with us. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “One day is not enough to honour all the love, affection and compassion you bring to this family. I am forever grateful for everything you are and everything you do for me and for the kids. We will love you forever.”
- “Happy Fathers Day to an incredible man who stole my heart, who fathers my children and fills my heart with love and joy. I love our family and I love you!”
- “Every day you are a role model that our children to aspire to become. Thank you for the love and guidance you show our kids each and every day and thank you for showing up as the best version of yourself.”
- “I know the kids can be a handful sometimes… Good thing you have two hands! Happy Father’s Day!”
Happy Father's Day Wishes for Brother or Friend
Messages for brothers and friends tend to be similar because they’re both peer relationships. You’re probably close in age and life stage. You might even share a special bond because you’re both experiencing parenthood at the same time.
“Bother, it’s inspiring watching you raise your children. You are a true role model and family man. I hope you enjoy a day full of relaxation, you deserve it!”
- “To my brother, a man who could handle anything his children challenged him with. Whether it was playing a superhero to gathering everyone up for school in the morning, you truly are an impressive father. I hope you have a terrific day with your kids.”
- “Hope Father’s Day brings you some time to relax and geek out in your favorite ways.”
- “To My Fun Brother! Today is your special day! You should be proud of yourself for all you have accomplished as a father. Take this time to have a fun and relaxing day. You certainly deserve it.”
- “Happy Father’s Day. You are a wonderful brother and a terrific father to your children. Have a fantastic Father’s Day!”
- “Happy Father’s Day. To My Wonderful Brother! You are an exceptional father whose caring ways bring so much joy to your children. This day honors all that you do for them. Have a fantastic day!”
- “May your kids add more spice to your life by keeping you always on your toes, always keeping your busy…. Have a fantastic Father’s Day my dearest friend.”
- “Your children are the reason for your smile and existence…… I know that they mean the world to you and I also know that they are so lucky to have a father like you…. I wish you all the love in the world…. Happy Father’s Day my friend.”
- “Nobody is perfect but you are the perfect papa to your children. You have always loved them and given them the best of everything. I am proud of you my friend. Happy Father’s Day.”
- “Congratulations on being a wonderful dad. May the bond of love and affection between you and your kids is always blessed. Happy Father’s Day to you my friend.”
Happy Father's Day Greetings for Special Dad
If you’re very lucky, you have an uncle, godfather or other caring man close to you who has been a unique mix of friend, family, mentor and/or father figure to you through the years. Here are some things you might say to him on Father’s Day…
Father’s Day is truly for all men who give of themselves with a father’s heart. Family relationship not required. Don’t hesitate to send a card and write a warm message to any man who has been a strong and caring influence in your life.
Uncle Quotes: Father’s Day Wishes to Your Uncle
Some of us are blessed with an amazing uncle who always appreciates us and takes care of us like a fatherly figure. We feel safe when he is around. We don’t hesitate in calling him when we need his advice or help. Father’s Day is also the day to wish such wonderful uncles who love us like our dads.
- “Dear Uncle, you have always pampered me and loved me since I was born. I share the most beautiful bond with you as I can share anything with you. Wishing you Happy Father’s Day.”
- “Uncle, thinking of you on Father’s Day and I feel so grateful that we’re family. Have the best of this special day.”
- “Father’s Day celebrations are incomplete for me without wishing you as you are not just my uncle, you are the most important person to me after my parents…. I wish you a very warm and wonderful Happy Father’s Day.”
- “I just want to appreciate you on Father’s Day for being such a positive and caring influence in my life. I am grateful than you could ever know… ”
- “The only one person whom I can trust after my parents is you because you have always loved me, taken care of me and guided me like your own daughter….. My life is incomplete without you…. I wish you a very warm Happy Father’s Day.”
- “Life is better, more wonderful, and full of happiness because of you. Happy Father’s Day, Uncle!”
- “I am so lucky that I have the most amazing uncle in the world who treats me like his own child…. I have no words to thank you for being there for me whenever I needed you…. Happy Father’s Day to you!!!”
- “I can’t really say exactly what it is that makes you fantastic. I’ll just say that you’re the best uncle on the planeteverything included! Happy Father’s Day, Uncle!”
- “When God is extremely happy with you, he sends beautiful people to take care of them. Dearest uncle, you are asweet blessing for me. Sending warm wishes to my second dad on Father’s Day.”
- “May your Father’s Day be as special as you are to me. Happy Father’s Day, Uncle!”
- “You may not bemy real papa but you are the next person after him whom I can trust, I can share my problems with. Thanks for being there for me. Wishing you Happy Father’s Day!!”
Step Father Quotes: Father’s Day Message to Your Step-Dad
When it comes to Father's Day, don't leave out your dear step-father! That man has been there for you and he deserves some recognition. It's not always easy to be accepted into a new family, but your step-dad is truly special to you and you'd love to send him a best wish to make him feel cared for on this big day.
- "A stepparent is so much more than just a parent: They made the choice to love when they didn't have to."
- “You believed in me, encouraged my dreams, and gave me wings to fly. I will forever be grateful for your presence in my life. Happy Father’s Day to My Wonderful Step-Father!”
- "Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that's why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right."
- “Cheers to the men who make fatherhood look easy and fun! Happy Father’s Day to my own dear Step-Father. I’ll be raising a glass in your honor today, Dad!”
- "A stepfather means so many things... an understanding heart, a source of strength, and of support, right from the very start."
- “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone truly awesome to step up and be a DAD. You are that awesome, Step-Father.”
- "It takes a strong man to accept somebody else's children and step up to the plate another man left on the table."
- “You raised us with so much joy, and we were always proud to call you Dad. Sending you so much love today and always, Step-Father.”
- "It's not flesh and blood but the heart that makes us father and son.Happy Father’s Day! "
- “Happy Father’s Day! Thanks for always being there for me. Legally you are my Step-Father, but in my heart, you always were and always will be my Dad.”
- “Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood; it’s defined by commitment and by love.”
Single Dad Quotes & Messages
Being a dad is hard, but when he has to do it all by himself, it becomes even harder. Let’s share some single father quotes which will melt your heart.
- “Only a man as loving, as caring, as affectionate as you can take care of your kids as a single dad…. With lots of love, warm wishes on Father’s Day to you.”
- “Being a single parent is twice the work, twice the stress, and twice the tears. But also twice the hugs, twice the love, and twice the pride!”
- “It is very challenging to raise a child all alone but you have done it because you are a super dad and I am blessed to have you…. Warm wishes on Father’s Day to you.”
- “A single parent’s prayer: Lord, help me be the mother and father to my children. Keep me healthy and strong on those days when I am weak. Remind me to love them in the same way that you have shown that special love for me. Amen.”
- “With all my heart, I wish a very Happy Father’s Day to my single dad who has made all possible efforts in life to make my life a double fun for me.”
- “Dearest Dad, you are truly the most wonderful dad a child can have because you have given me a life which is so full of happiness, dreams and smiles…. Happy Father’s Day to you.”
- “Being a father in itself is a big responsibility but you have been a father and also a mother to me… Wishing you Happy Father’s Day dad.”
- “I am blessed to have single dadlike you who has taken the best care of me as a dad and also as a mom…. Happy Father’s Day to you Dad.”
Father in Law Quotes: Happy Father’s Day to Your Father-in-law
A daddy is so important to a girl… always… But a treasured father-in-law, is also indeed priceless. For all the ways your father-in-law has contributed, send him a special thank you on Father’s Day. Say “thank you” to him for his effort, time and investment in your husband, you and your children.
- “You’ve always made me feel like a part of the family! Thank you for all your love and support! Happy Father’s Day!”
- “To My Perfect Father-in-Law! This is your special day to be recognized for all you have done. Thank you for being so supportive and caring. You are simply the very best!”
- “Thank you for giving me so much love and guidance. You’re also the best father-in-law, you’re also a good friend! Happy Father’s Day!”
- “When it comes to a father-in-law you are are the best! I can’t thank you enough for how much you have taught me, all the times you have bailed me out of trouble, and how special you always make me feel.”
- “You’re the perfect father-in-law! This is your special day for you to be recognizedfor all that you’ve done and all that you continue to do. Thank you for being so supportive an caring! You simply are the best!”
- “To my intelligent and caring father-in-law! You are a great example of what a perfect father should be and I’m thankful for all the love and guidance you have shown me over the years.”
- “Happy Father’s Day to a one-of-a-kind father-in-law! Thinking of you on this special day. You mean more to our family than you’ll ever know! Enjoy your day!”
- “To My Terrific Father-in-Law - Thank you for all that you have done for me over the years, and for making me feel so very special. I couldn’t have asked for a better father-in-law than you. Hope you have an awesome day!”
- “To My Sweet Father-in-Law! Having you in my life has made me realize just how special a father-in-law really is. I don’t know what I would have done without you all these years!”
Happy Father's Day Messages for Grandfather
Whether he goes by grandpa, papa, granddad or another name, your grandfather is definitely someone to honor and celebrate on Father’s Day!
- “I hope I can give good memories to my grandchildren as many as you have given me.”
- “Grandpas make the world a little kinder, a little softer, and a whole lot more fun! Enjoy your special day!”
- “Grandpa, thank you for making my childhood unforgettable. I miss you and hope we can see you soon. Happy Father’s day!”
- “Grandpas have the wisdom of many years, and the tenderness of a loving heart. We love you Grandpa!”
- “Happy Father’s Day to the best grandfather in the world. Love you!”
- “Grandpas hearts are made of gold, hands are made of steel and hugs that can cure any worry. Thank you for always being there for me Grandpa!”
- “Granddad, when I count my blessings I count you twice. Thank you for all the wisdom, guidance, and fun you bring to my life. Happy Father’s day!”
- “Strong roots, make beautiful leaves. Thank you Grandpa for adding so much love to our Family Tree.”
- “We hope you know that you hold a special place in our hearts. Thanks for being such an amazing grandfather!”
- “It’s agrand pleasure to have you in our lives. We love you!”
- “Grandpas are full of great advice. No matter the advice, Grandpa, you have always looked out for my best interest and I am forever grateful. Have a great day, you deserve it!”
- “Just one more cookie Grandpa? Just one more ride Grandpa? Thanks for always letting me have that ONE more special moment with you. Happy Father’s Day Grandpa!”
Happy Father's Day Wishes for Son or Grandson
There’s something so heartwarming about seeing your son or grandson become a father in his own right. On Father’s Day, celebrate him for giving you those grand-babies (or great-grand-babies) you’ve waited so patiently for!
Pride is a strong theme for sons and grandsons who are fathers. Let him know that fatherhood is one of the many reasons you’re proud of him.
- “From baby bottles to beer bottles and back to baby bottles again! I love you, SON, enjoy this day and don’t hit the bottle too hard.”
- “Wishing a very HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to my son. May your children bring you as much joy as you’ve brought me over the years.”
- “What you teach your children, you also teach their children.”
- “Happy Father’s Day to a super DAD who also happens to be my super SON.”
- “Happy Father’s Day To My Sweet Son - May parenthood be as rich an experience for you as it was for me. Sending you lots of love today and always!”
- “Welcome to the league of heroes known as“parenthood”. Happy Father’s Day, Son!”
- “Happy Father’s Day. You have all the tools you need to be a great dad. Any goal you go after you always nail it. We just wanted to send you a card to hammer home the message that we’re impressed by you!”
Happy Father's Day in Heaven Quotes
Father’s Day can be difficult for those who have lost their dads. Losing a father is never easy, and can be particularly difficult to deal with that grief during Father’s Day. Here are some message to share either on social media or much more privately this Father’s Day.
If you’ve lost your dad, Father’s Day is a chance to reflect on your memories in honor of your dad. Try one of these ideas below for how to say “Happy Father’s Day in heaven.
- "Dad, although you are no longer with me, I want you to know how much I loved you when I was lucky enough to have you in my life. I want you to know that even though you are no longer with me, I still think about you and miss you so much. Happy Fathers Day in Heaven!"
- "I miss you so much. There have been so many times when I just wish I could talk to you, ask for your advice, or just hear your laughter. Dad, Happy Father's Day in Heaven!"
- "If we could have a life time wish and one dream that could come true. We would pray to God with all our hearts just to see and speak to you. A thousand words won’t bring you back. We know because we’ve tried and neither will a million tears. We know because we’ve cried. You’ve left behind our broken hearts and precious memories too. But we’ve never wanted memories, we only wanted you."
- “Dad, your guiding hand will remain on my shoulder forever. I miss you every day you’re gone. Until we meet again... I love you!”
- “A father’s touch, a Daddy’s kiss, a grieving Daughter, the Dad I will always miss. An empty house, an empty chair, a father’s love, no longer there. A broken heart, tear filled eyes, another soul in the sky. The times we shared, the laughs we had, things I miss when I think of my Dad.”
Whether you’re quarantining with your family in this special year of 2020 or haven’t seen them in a while because you live far away, Father’s Day is a great reminder to show gratitude to the amazing man who guides you through life.
Father’s come in all shapes and sizes and it doesn’t matter if he raised you from day one, barely saw you because he worked long hours to support your family or you found him later on in life — celebrate the father figure who guides and supports you through it all on this special day with above heartfelt father’s day messages and wishes.