A baby shower is an occasion to celebrate one of life’s most significant milestones – becoming a parent. It is a wonderful time to make the mother feel all the love and support she needs as she prepares to welcome her baby in this world. It’s an excellent opportunity to remind the mother-to-be of how much you value and treasure them.
Regardless of whether you’re bringing a gift or making a contribution, the best way to express your good wishes for the baby is with a baby shower card. Well wishes for a baby shower will touch hearts and allow you to say ‘congratulations’ and ‘we love you’ like never before.
While shopping for baby shower gifts is easy, especially when there’s a registry. If you’re attending a baby shower, you’re probably taking a card with you. Do you know how to address it, what to write in it and how to sign the baby shower card? Do you go for something simple, funny, cute or thoughtful greetings? It seems that writing the heartfelt baby shower card…not so much easy.
How to Address a Baby Shower Card
Addressing your baby shower card will depend on the recipient and exact situation. So as you sit down and begin to think about what to write in a card for a baby shower, the first step is to think about your relationship to the guest of honor.
If the baby shower is being organized for the mum to be and for ladies-only showers, you can address simply to the expecting mom. However, if you are close friends of the couple or the baby shower is a co-ed celebration, the card should be addressed to the expectant.
Most personal or traditional cards greetings begin with the salutation “Dear” followed by the recipient’s first name and a comma. If you are a close friend of the mother, you can even use a nickname or pump her up with encouragement (“Dear World’s Best Mama-to-Be”).
You can also address your card to the baby. All the better if you already know the baby's name. Alternatively write 'To the new arrival', 'To the XXX baby', 'To the little pea'.
However you address the card, make sure it matches the name(s) written on the envelope.
What to Write in A Baby Shower Greeting Card?
Various studies show that a whopping 90% of all people prefer getting a greeting card than an email card. Why? Because greeting cards convey emotions and people are emotional beings. They feel more personal and more meaningful.
As we already know how to address the card to begin, the body of your baby shower card is where the magic happens, since there is really something magical about a wish that just can’t be described. This section in your card is your chance to bring something personal to the card that will melt mom and dad’s hearts.
However, putting the pen to paper on a baby shower card is no easy task. Depending on your relationship with mommy-to-be and your personal writing style, what you write in a baby shower card will vary from shower to shower.
Funny Baby Shower Card Messages
Parenthood can be a crazy adventure, and sometimes you just need to laugh about it. Because humor is a good way to poke a little fun at the parenting firsts and fails that are sure to come. Writing baby shower card for the first time? Let us guide you always personalize your message share happy moments from past make motherhood sound fun use funny quotes or poems.
- “I heard babies suck, especially when they are hungry! I heard about your newest development, congratulations on being creative!”
- “Have fun learning how to remove a whole new spectrum of stains!”
- “Being a mom is like a walk in the park. Jurassic Park that is.”
- “To test to see if you are ready for a baby, try putting a pair of underwear on a kangaroo.”
- “Thank you for having a baby I can cuddle, spoil and love on — and then hand back when she starts to cry. You’re a real trooper!”
Baby Shower Sayings & Wishes for Gender Neutral
If Mom hasn't revealed the baby's sex, are the parents-to-be waiting to find out if it's a boy or girl? Your message can still be personalized. Select one of the baby shower wishes below.
- “Whether it is a boy or a girl, I hope that it will fill up your life with happiness."
- “May your baby shine like a star and make your life brighter.”
- “A beautiful adventure is about to start. Wishing you a safe delivery from the bottom of my heart!”
- “A baby will brighten your world as never before.”
- “Congratulations on your new blessing! I know you will be amazing parents.”
- “A baby is a blessing, a gift from heaven above!”
- “May your baby bring you rejoice that lasts forever.”
- “A baby is a blessing from God. Your little one is already blessed with great parents.”
- “This baby holds the sweetest smile. Her giggles brings joy deep inside tiny hands and tiny feet. We altogether waited for a baby to meet.”
- “Baby Angel. Welcome to this Earth. The whole wide world awaits your Birth!”
- “Your little one is going to light up your lives. Thanks for inviting us to share in this journey!”
Baby Shower Wishes for A Boy
With a boy on the way, customize your baby shower greetings to match. Use the below template to draft the best and most personalized wishes for the little man.
- “Congratulations on your little prince! Get ready for toys in all shapes and sizes, and all types of surprises.”
- “May he melt your heart in ways no other man could! All the love to you and your baby boy.”
- “This little guy is already blessed with amazing parents. We can’t wait to watch your family grow.”
- “Get ready for toy cars in all shapes and sizes, for balls, bats, and bikes, and all sorts of surprises. Congratulations on your little man.”
- “When all the ladies are looking at him, he’ll only have eyes for you. Congratulations on your soon-to-be mama’s boy!”
- “Best wishes to your newest addition. May your new baby boy be cherished and loved by everyone in his life.”
- “From baby bottles to soda bottles to beer bottles, boys grow up fast. Drink it all in!”
Baby Shower Wishes for A Girl
The world is about to be graced by a beautiful little angel. Tell the parents how excited you are for her to join the world. Share these touching baby shower card wishes for the pink bundle of joy with mom on her big day.
- “Congratulations on your little princess! We know she’s going to bring joy and love into your life.”
- “You selfies are about to get 100 percent sweeter! Congrats on your mini-me-to-be!”
- “Booties and bonnets, ribbons and lace, little stuffed toys all over the place. Congratulations on your sweet little girl.”
- “Tutus, bows, dolls and shoes, you’ll have so much fun at parks and zoos! Congratulations on your little miss!”
- “One minute you’re dressing her in tutus and pink bows, the next you’re buttoning the back of her bridal gown. Enjoy all the little moments; they fly by fast!”
- “We can’t wait to spoil your little princess. She’s already so loved.”
- “Here’s to your little ray of sunshine. I can’t wait to meet your beautiful baby girl.”
- “As parents, you may wish to give your little girl the sun, the moon and the stars. My wish for you is to see yourself when you look at her through loving eyes.”
Baby Shower Wishes for Twins & Multiples
Many of the message examples so far are more geared toward first babies, for whom baby showers are a little more common. If the happy couple is having twins, you can get creative with your message to acknowledge the twins.
Whether two for the price of one means double the blessings or double the trouble, twins require a different kind of baby shower wishes. These messages can also be adjusted for triplets or multiples.
- “It’s true what they say. Sometimes miracles come in pairs.”
- “Fancy shoes, diamond earrings and cozy socks: all proof that the best things come in pairs. Congratulations on your baby twins!”
- “Double the giggles, double the grins, double the love, when you have twins! Congratulations.”
- “Now that your hands are about to be full, don’t forget to ask for help. I’m always happy to hold a baby.”
- “It’s twins! Congratulations! Twins mean double the kisses and double the fun. It’s double the joy for everyone.”
- “Congratulations on your twins. This means double the love and double the fun.”
- “With four arms hugging you instead of two, congratulations on having twins!”
- “If Daenerys Targaryen can raise three fire-breathing dragons, then you can totally handle human triplets. So thrilled for you all!”
Pregnancy Congratulations Greetings: Baby Shower Messages for Mom
Shower the guest of honor and give her the proper recognition that she deserves as she enters this exciting chapter of her life with a growing family.
- “Congratulations on your pregnancy! You are going to be amazing mother! 9 months of pain, but a lifetime of gain; 9 months of sickness, but a lifetime of happiness; 9 months of pregnancy, the beginning of your own legacy. Congratulation to the mom-to-be!”
- “A grand adventure is about to begin. Wishing you a safe delivery.”
- “To me, you’re a superhero. To your little bundle of joy, you’ll be their whole world. I’m sending you tons of love and kisses and many best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy.”
- “Sending happy thoughts your way as you prepare to welcome a little someone new to your family. This little miracle will soon make your world more beautiful and more joyful.”
- “We know it is an exiting time for you, and we pray to the Almighty, that the rest of your pregnancy, and birth goes well.”
- “You’ve proven time and time again how strong and amazing of a woman you are. Never forget you have a whole village behind you in these exciting times.”
- “Congratulations! Wish you endless love and boundless patience for making your new role as super parents a grand success!”
- “Best wishes to the new mommy, and here’s to a happy healthy baby and a happy healthy recovery! You’ve got a lot of people ready to lend a hand if you need it, so don’t forget about us! Cause we’re sure as heck not going to forget about you.”
- “From bottom of our heart, we wish you healthy and safe pregnancy!”
Baby Shower Messages for 2nd Child and Beyond
Many of the message examples so far are more geared toward first babies, for whom baby showers are a little more common. For the sprinkling of second-time parents, select from these baby shower wishes for second baby.
- “Your family is growing and with it, love continues to flourish. We can’t wait to meet the second joy you’re bringing into the world.”
- “Your family is growing, and with it love continues to blossom. May your blessings increase tenfold as we welcome your second child.”
- “Luck strikes again! Congratulations to Mom and Dad! Wishing you all a lifetime of love, health, and joy together.”
- “A mother’s love is like no other. The smile on your first child’s face shows that your love is abundant. May you continue to delight in your children as your family grows.”
- “Well, with the addition of this baby, you’re going to be officially outnumbered. Time to switch to zone defense!”
- “Now the stork knows where you live. May your second child bring as many blessings as your first!”
- “Your family is growing and with it, love continues to flourish. We can’t wait to meet the second joy you’re bringing into the world.”
When Giving A Baby Shower Book Instead Of Card: What To Write Inside
Books are becoming more and more popular as shower gifts. In fact, there are many baby showers where parents-to-be ask for only books. Writing a small note in the front corner is an important rite of giving a book as a gift.
In the book, guests are expected to write their message of congratulations on the inside sleeve or cover page. But what do you write in a baby shower book to make it stand out, to make your gift truly special?
You can use this space to write a sweet note of love and encouragement for the new parents. Considering that the baby will grow up and be able to read the book in a few years, you can also write directly to the baby. You can also use your favorite quote or do a Google search for a nice quote to inspire children. Here are some examples for you:
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
- “Keep reading. It’s one of the most marvelous adventures that anyone can have.”
- “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.”
- “A book is a dream you hold in your hands.”
- “Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.”
- “Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.”
- “May every story you read bring your inspirations of adventure.”
- “Wishing you many nights of bedtime stories and sweet dreams.”
- “The sweetest part of your life is about to begin.”
- “You are the hero of your own story, but here is some pretty good inspiration.”
- “May your life be filled with beautiful stories.”
- “Open a book, and you can be anything you want to be.”
- “It is so nice to meet you! I hope you’ll enjoy this awesome book as I did in my childhood.”
- “The time you spend with your child and a book lasts forever.”
- “May your dreams be as beautiful as this book.”
- “Lets get cozy and read together!”
- “Welcome to the world! May this book adventure be one of the many to come.”
Quotes & Poms to Write in A Baby Shower Card
People love baby shower quotes. We like them on social media, we like them in books, and we love them in baby shower cards.
Including a beautiful baby shower quote in your card is a thoughtful idea. Especially because the parents might be feeling a little apprehensive or overwhelmed. It’s a lovely way to show your support, offer a word of encouragement, and share your wisdom with the parents.
Here are some lovely baby shower quotes that you can include in your card:
- “Mother you will soon be called a sweet and lovely name, a new baby you soon will hold and your life will forever be changed.”
- “Baby: A gift from heaven, a joy on Earth.”
- “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.”
- “Having kids — the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings — is the biggest job anyone can embark on.”
- “You’re always going to wonder if you’re doing things wrong, but that’s what it means to be a mom, to care so much about someone else that you just want to be as perfect as possible.”
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.”
- “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.”
- “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
How to Sign a Baby Shower Card
The last step to the baby shower card is signing it. When signing the card, think about your relationship to the parents. Sign off with wording that seems appropriate to your relationship.
You’re always safe with “Best wishes” or “Yours truly,” but if you have a close relationship with the parents-to-be, feel free to pen a more emotional sign-off such as “Love always,” “Over the moon,” or “With love and excitement.” Just add your name and you’re done…at least until the baby comes!
When someone you know is about to have a baby, it’s a time for celebration. The couple will cherish whatever wishes you give to them in your card, so take time when writing the card. The couple is sure to remember your card and smile when they see what you have written.