So, you've been invited to a bridal shower? Lucky you! As the bride approaches her big day, she looks forward to her bridal shower to alleviate some of the pre-wedding stress that most brides encounter before tying the knot.
As a bridal shower guest, you are thinking of good gift ideas for her and you can also help her achieve these warm-and-fuzzy feelings by writing a lovely bridal shower message in a card attached to your gift.
Don't know what to write in a bridal shower card? No worries. Whether you're the bride's best friend or an acquaintance, here's everything you need to know before putting pen to paper.
Bridal Shower Card Writing Tips & Etiquette
The card that accompanies your gift should include bridal shower wishes in the form of a personal message from you to the bride (or to the couple). While writing bridal shower greeting cards for the bride-to-be requires much thought and consideration.
So before writing your bridal shower card, take a few moments to think about what you're going to say to the bride-to-be. Remember, the most important thing is to craft a message that feels personal, genuine, and reflects both your and the bride's personalities and relationship.
By following this simple outline of what to write in a bridal shower card, you'll be sure to craft the perfect message:
1, Open with a Friendly Greeting
Begin your bridal shower message with a warm greeting where you call her by the name or title you usually call her, or with another appropriate term, such as “To the Bride-to-Be.”
2, Begin with Congratulations
Begin your card by congratulating the bride-to-be on her upcoming wedding and making it to this day. You'll be surprised at how a simple congratulations message can go a long way.
3, Let Her Know How Great She Will Look on Her Big Day
She's been working hard to make sure her day goes well and you should remind her that she is the center of attention. You could tell her how beautiful she'll look on her wedding day, or boost her confidence about the stellar choices she's already made with the wedding details. Writing 1-2 sentences emphasizing these facts will reassure her.
4, Share Something Personal
Perhaps you have a great memory about the bride that reflects her character strengths, the depth of your friendship, or how special her relationship is to her future spouse. Let her know how much her happiness and the prosperity of her marriage means to you.
5, Write a Heartfelt Bridal Shower Message
Send the bride off with love and well wishes for her wedding day and marriage. When writing this message, speak from the heart and let the bride-to-be know much you care about her union and new chapter.
6, End with Words of Inspiration
Finally, include an inspiring quote in your message, and don't be afraid to borrow a few words from your favorite poet. The bride-to-be will appreciate and remember these inspirational words.
7, Sign Off
Do this in a way that's appropriate for your relationship with the woman who will receive your bridal shower card.
Bridal Shower Messages & Wishes Examples for the Card
Every bride looks forward to reading wishes ahead of her big day! Bridal shower wishes are an important part of your card and keep the bride hopeful about the next chapter in her life.
Whether you're trying to keep things light, go super-sentimental, or remind the bride about your special relationship, there are tons of different bridal shower wishes you can share in your shower card. Get inspired with these sample message for all types of moods and recipients.
Funny Bridal Shower Wishes
There's no rule that says you have to be serious when writing a shower card message. If you know she will appreciate the joke, include a funny bridal shower wish in your card.
These funny messages are designed for those who don't reside on the dull side of life. Funny yet elegant words for a bride-to-be and personalized by an inside joke or two are perfect for bridal shower or wedding cards.
- "It won't be long before you'll be cooking his dinner, washing his clothes, and giving up the remote control so he can watch the sports channels. Congratulations, I guess, and best wishes for an awesome bridal shower!"
- "Congratulations on finding the one person you want to annoy for the rest of your life!"
- "Almost the big day! It isn't too late to call it off! Just kidding, you and I both know that you found your perfect match."
- "Best wishes to you on your special day! Just remember—if you need an escape plan, you know where to find me! All my love."
- "You two are like Cholula and tacos; hot and perfect together!"
Beautiful Bridal Shower Quotes & Sayings
A bridal shower card is also a chance to inspire the bride-to-be with a beautiful message about love. Sometimes someone has already captured everything you want to say in a simple but powerful quote. As long as you choose a thoughtful and meaningful quote, the bride-to-be will appreciate and remember the wisdom you have shared with her.
- "As God by creation made two of one, so again by marriage, He made one of two."– Thomas Adams
- "Two souls with but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one." – John Keats
- "Bride: A women with a fine prospect of happiness behind her." -- Ambrose Bierce
- "The groom always smiles proudly because he's convinced he's accomplished something quite wonderful. The bride smiles because she's been able to convince him of it." -- Judith Mc Naught
- "Every bride is beautiful. It's like newborn babies or puppies. They can't help it. " -- Emme Rollins
- "I remember when I was in school, they would ask, 'What are you going to be when you grow up?' and then you'd have to draw a picture of it. I drew a picture of myself as a bride." -- Gwen Stefani
- "Moonlight, white satin, roses. A bride." -- Angela Carter
- "I asked you here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." -- Graeme Simsion
- "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." -- Eden Ahbez
- "Almighty God, thee only have I; thou steerest my fate, I must give myself up to thee! Give me a livelihood! Give me a bride! My blood wants love, as my heart does!" -- Hans Andersen
- "The bride, the white bride today a maiden, tomorrow a wife." -- Federico Lorca
- "Bride and groom are not just two contracting parties but two loving and beloved companions, joined in establishing a home that will be nothing less than a source of immortality." -- Meir Soloveichik
- "A wedding dress is both an intimate and personal for a woman -- it must reflect the personality and style of the bride." -- Carolina Herrera
- "The bride and groom -- May their joys be as bright as the morning, and their sorrows but shadows that fade in the sunlight of love." -- Minna Antrim
- "I want to be a simple bride when I get married. I want a beach wedding where I am running around on the sand in a white dress." -- Sonakshi Sinha
Cute Bridal Shower Poem for the Bride to Be
Wishes for you -- a cute bridal shower poem for the bride to be
On your upcoming wedding, the wonderful news,everyone's spreading.
Just want to wish you, a life filled with zest, enjoy your sweet day, avoid being stressed.
You and your fiance, are on the top of our mind, all of the guests, are humble and kind.
This bridal shower, is all about you, not long from now, you'll enjoy a new view.
These gifts right here, are a small helping hand, we're crossing our fingers, may it all go as planned.
Your true happiness, is all that matters at the end, our love and our wishes, we sincerely extend.
Bridal Shower Wishes for Daughter
What is more special than sending off a daughter into marriage? Share your heartfelt happiness, your advice on marriage, your memories of her as a child, and/or your wishes and hopes for the couple for the future in your bridal shower card.
- "Love your mother and father-in-law as you love us. They will be your second parents and they will look after you forever. You will always have my blessings, love, and support!"
- "Always be the shadow of your husband and keep supporting him during his hard times. Congratulations my daughter! Have a blessed married life!"
- "Congratulations for taking such a huge step! I pray you receive all that you need to create the best of conjugal homes under the sun."
- "Like you have made us the proudest by being the best daughter, make your husband the proudest by being the best wife! Have a blessed wedding shower, Princess!"
- "Seeing my cute little daughter into a beautiful bride was my life-long dream—heartfelt congratulations on your bridal shower."
- "You have chosen the right partner for yourself! We are relieved that seeing you will be the safest with him! Stay blessed, my child!"
- "I am getting hurt by seeing my daughter go away from me but parents of the whole world wait for the day to see their daughter get married. Have an amazing life ahead."
- "Sweetheart, may the heavens present you with all that you need to become the happiest wife ever! I love you and wish you all the love and excitement marriage has to offer."
Bridal Shower Wishes for (Future) Daughter in Law
Welcome your future daughter-in-law to the family and express your joy in continuing to build a relationship with her over the years to come.
- "We cannot give enough thanks to you for giving your beautiful heart to our son and becoming a part of our lovely family. Do not stress over the ceremony. Have a blast at your bridal shower party. We love you."
- "You are already family to us, and we wish nothing but the best for you. Have the gorgeous bridal shower party ever."
- "You will look the cutest, sweetest and loveliest bride ever on the aisle. But today enjoy the time with your friends and family without any worries. Happy Bridal Shower our new daughter."
- "I'm happy that my son found a soulmate and we cannot wait to receive our daughter soon. Congratulations, dear."
- "It soothes our soul to see our son has found someone who takes care of him as we do. Thank you for agreeing to be in our crazy family. Have a lovely bridal shower."
- "We are getting a daughter by marrying off our son to you and it is the best gift of all. Have a beautiful bridal shower."
Bridal Shower Wishes for Sister
The strong bond between siblings is almost incomprehensible. A sister offers support and friendship, serves as a partner in crime, loans her favorite sweater, and knows the bride better than anyone else.
Your bridal shower wishes for your sister should sound authentic. If you have a close bond that makes you friends too, you can write a message that's gushing, warm, loving and funny.
- "We arranged a day full of hugs and kisses and gifts for you before you take vows and become busy. We want you to know we will never be too busy for you dear sister, ever."
- "I cannot believe my sister is getting married. Let's have fun and charm before your marriage and have a pretty wedding shower of yours."
- "I hope that we are still just as close as ever once you are married. I'm your sister, and nothing is going to change that. Hope your bridal shower is the best!"
- "Big day is at the door but let's have some fun once more. To my beautiful sister and the loveliest bride, Happy Bridal Shower."
- "We grew up together and now you're getting married. I have no doubt you'll make your husband very happy. Congratulations to both of you, love your sister."
- "Before intertwining your fate with that incredible man, I want to gift you this day full of charms, lucks, and memories. Happy Bridal shower my sissy."
- "Even though your last name will change, you'll always be my sweet sister. Love you, sis. Have a fantastic bridal shower."
- Bridal Shower Wishes for (Future) Sister in Law
- "This bridal shower celebration is a wonderful way to help you start your new life. Congratulations and best wishes to my amazing sister-in-law!"
- "As love lights the way through your marriage, may you and your partner be blessed with all good things. Congratulations to my sister-in-law."
- "May all the beautiful gifts you receive at your bridal shower surround you with fond memories and happiness. Best of luck to my loving sister-in-law."
Bridal Shower Wishes for Niece
- "Your husband must be fortunate as he found you as his forever partner. All my good wishes on your bridal shower, niece. Waiting for celebrating the big day of yours."
- "Although you are my niece, I love you like a daughter, and I wish you nothing but happiness in your new marriage. Wishing you a bridal shower like no other, my dear niece."
- "It's like yesterday you were playing around our garden. I'm so happy that you found your perfect life partner. Congratulations on your bridal shower, niece. May you be satisfied with your married life."
- "Sending all my love and best wishes on your bridal shower, my niece. Good luck with your new chapter."
- "May your partner loves you as much as we do. Happy bridal shower, niece."
Bridal Shower Message to a Friend
If you're writing a bridal shower card to a close friend, regardless of the tone, share your excitement for her big day, offer help or support as needed, and express your gratitude for being included. You also can bring in some humor.
- "After the 'Yes,' before the 'I do,' happy shower to you, my best friend!"
- "Finally you guys are together! I have seen how many hard situations you guys had to face! But don't take each other for granted after getting married. Congratulations on your bridal shower!"
- "Congratulations to my dear friend. You are one of my favorite people in the world, and it brings me such joy to see you happy."
- "You're the most caring and supportive friend, and I'm sure you are going to be an amazing bride too."
- "I cannot wait for your wedding day, friend. May this bridal shower brings so much happiness in your life."
- "I'm so happy that you've found your happily ever after. You're one of the most beautiful brides."
What to Write in a Bridal Shower Card: For a Coworker
You don't have to go into great or complicated detail when writing a shower card message to a coworker: keep it short, sweet, and simple. Of course, your message also should be warm and friendly.
- "Congratulations! Wishing you a beautiful wedding day, and love, happiness and success for the future! "
- "Wishing you all the best today, on your wedding day, and in your life together. "
- "It will be a magical moment when you two say, 'I do.'"
- "Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. I can't wait to celebrate with you!"
- "May every wonderful thing be yours and all of your wedding dreams come true as you're showered with love and attention today and wished a long and happy lifetime, too!"
- "Congratulations on taking this big step! I wish you nothing but happiness!"
Choosing a Gift for Your Bridal Shower Greeting Card
No matter which bridal shower card sayings you use, the best message is one that is heartfelt and sincere. What's more, a meaningful gift together with a handwritten message are the perfect ways to remind the bride how much you care.
If you're still shopping for the perfect bridal shower gift to go with your card, here are a few tips on how to choose the best gift for a bridal shower.
1, Buy From The Wedding Registry
What better way to make a girl happy than to give her what she wants? If the bride has a gift registry, just use it. To ensure that the bride both enjoys and needs your gift, we suggest that you stick to purchasing gifts from the wedding registry.
2, Make It Personal
If the bride doesn't have a registry or all the items have been purchased by the time you're ready to buy, you need to buy the gift yourself.
If the bride is your friend or relative, you probably know her well. Think about the things that make her happy, even if it's something small. A gift that goes with an inside joke between you two or reminds her of a special memory will make an impression.
3, Give a Group Bridal Shower Gift
A bridal shower group gift is a popular gifting option, both for the couple and bridal shower guests. If you would like to surprise the bride with a big ticket item that's beyond your budget, it's perfectly acceptable for you and other guests to pool your resources and buy the gift together.
With these great love quotes and heartfelt messages, you'll write the most memorable bridal shower card. An upcoming wedding is a wonderful occasion and these wishes for the bride-to-be will hit just the right note.