Back-to-school season is here, besides the essential things that high school, college, or post-grads will need for the upcoming year, they also need some inspirational back to school quotes to encourage them and some funny quotes to make their off-time more fun. Here we round up these school quotes which will make the transition back to the classroom easier on everyone.
Funny Back to School Quotes
Going back to school is always filled with mixed feelings. And one certain thing is that not everybody enjoys going to school even thongh everybody has to do it. If you are dreading heading back to school, these funny quotes might help ease the pain for you, and adjust the mindset to go learn & create more interesting stuff for the world.
- "Respect your parents. They passed school without Google!"
- "When a teacher calls a boy by his entire name, it means trouble." — Mark Twain
- "No wonder the teacher knows so much; she has the book." — Edgar Watson Howe
- “Pretending to concentrate in class so the teacher won’t ask you a question.” – Anonymous
- “Every time i see the word “explain” on a test, a part of me dies.” – Anonymous
- “Learn as much as you can while you are young, since life becomes too busy later.” – Dana Stewart Scott
- "Education helps you earn more. But not many schoolteachers can prove it." — E. C. McKenzie
- "Education costs money, but then so does ignorance." — Claus Moser
- “School is the easiest job you’ll ever have.” — Marty Klazmer
- “School is a lot like toilet paper. You only miss it when it’s gone.” — Anonymous
- “It’s not that I hate school. I just hate waking up early in the morning.” — Unknown
- “I would enjoy school more if I was allowed to bring a pillow.” — Unknown
- “I said school starts tomorrow. I didn’t say I was going to be there.” — Kim Harrison
Inspirational & Motivational Back to School Quotes
Remember how hard it was to swap those lazy summer days for early mornings, algebra homework and pop quizzes? So, if you're in need of some motivation to get up on that first day and make your way to classroom, we've totally got you covered with some inspirational and motivational back to school quotes.
- "Education is the most powerful weapon to use to change the world." — Nelson Mandela
- "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein
- "This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change." — Taylor Swift
- "Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom." — Oprah Winfrey
- "The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson." — Tom Bodett
- "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." — Albert Einstein
- "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." — Milton Berle
- "The only difference between success and failure is the ability to take action." — Alexander Graham Bell
- "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." — Eleanor Roosevelt
- "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." — Dr. Seuss
- "The most effective way to do it is to do it." — Amelia Earhart
- "Education is the movement from darkness to light." — Allan Bloom
- "Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today." — Malcom X
- “A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read.” — Mark Twain
- "Don't be afraid to start over. It's a new chance to rebuild what you want." — Unknown
- "Sometimes you have to do what you don't love, so that you can do what you love." — Unknown
Back to School Quotes for Students
At the end of every glorious summer or holiday break, it's time to get back to business. For students, it's time to finally remember what day of the week it is again. If going back to school still feel like a chore, you can sneak some nice, and inspirational words of wisdom into their notebook.
- “You have to go to college. You have to get your degree. Because that’s the one thing people can’t take away from you is your education. And it is worth the investment.” — Michelle Obama
- “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” — Taylor Swift
- “Work hard, nap hard.” — Demi Lovato
- “Don’t try so hard to fit in, and certainly don’t try so hard to be different … just try hard to be you.” — Zendaya
- “Be curious, not cool.” — Ken Burns
- “A good education is a foundation for a better future.” — Elizabeth Warren
- “In a global economy, where the most valuable skill you can sell is your knowledge, a good education is no longer just a pathway to opportunity, it is a prerequisite.” — Barack Obama
- “If you think your teacher is tough, wait ‘til you get a boss.” — Bill Gates
- “Work hard, be kind and amazing things will happen.” – Conan O'brien
- "Take your risks now. As you grow older, you become more fearful and less flexible. And I mean that literally. I hurt my knee this week on the treadmill, and it wasn't even on." -- Amy Poehler
- "You must do the things you think you cannot do." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
- "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way, if you don't , you'll find an excuse." -- Kushandwizom. Tumblr
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe
Back to School Quotes for Teachers
For the teachers who are getting ready to roll with the punches, field questions from students, thoughtfully consider endless suggestions from parents, and deal with ambiguity all around, these back to school quotes for teachers are sure to lend a sense of calm to this season.
- “You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.” — Clay P. Bedford
- “One child, one teacher, one pen and one book can change the world.” — Malala Yousafzai
- “Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve.” — Roger Lewin
- “Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.” — G.K. Chesterton
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” — Henry B. Adams
- “Education is the difference between wishing you could help other people and being able to help them.” – Russell M. Nelson
- “Do not confine your children to your own learning, for they were born in another time.” — Chinese proverb
- “What makes a child gifted and talented may not always be good grades in school, but a different way of looking at the world and learning.” — Chuck Grassley
- "The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book." — Unknown
Back to School Quotes for Parents
Whether they’re celebrating schools re-opening or mentally preparing for extended family time, these back-to-school quotes for parents will keep spirits up and sense of humor strong:
- "Sending your child off to school for the first time in their life is terrifying." — Arabella Weir
- "To raise a child who is comfortable enough to leave you means you’ve done your job. They are not ours to keep but to teach how to soar on their own." – Anonymous
- "A good mother is worth hundreds of schoolmasters." – George Herbert
- "You know it is time to go back to school when you hear parents singing, it's the most wonderful time of the year."
- "Sending the kids back to school makes me want to cry... tears of joy."
- "Thank God my kids are back in school. I was about to call Child Protective Service for myself. "
- "My kids are back in school. I'll need a couple of days to process my devastation."
- "Of course I am sad you're back to school, because I have to stay home all alone where it is quiet and do whatever I want."
- "If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mother. "
- "There will be so many times you feel like you’ve failed…but in the eyes, heart, and mind of your child, you are Super Mom." – Stephanie Precourt
Do you enjoy these funny and inspiring back to school quotes that can truly reflect you feelings? Have you got any back to school quotes to share with us? Leave a comment below.